Wednesday, November 14, 2012

And in a separate post...

Sometimes I get tired. Really really tired. And I'm so ready for some sleep, and some happy happy dreams. So I go to bed early. Brush my teeth by like 8:45 p.m., respond to all emails and texts that need to be responded to, check facebook for the fourteenth time in twenty minutes just to make sure nothing super awesome happened in the that time. (It never does) Then head to bed, where I continue to peruse the internet and wait for my lady to complete her bathroom routine to join me.

Now, I read somewhere that when your partner or significant other, or whatever you choose to refer to them as, goes to bed, then you also should go to bed. It does not matter if its 9:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., you should always go to bed when your partner is ready. This is supposed to help you both maintain a healthier and closer relationship, because during those moments before you go to sleep, you are bonding in ways that many couples don't. So usually, I wait until she is ready to go bed and I will always go with her.

Tonight I was more than thrilled when she suggested to me lets go to bed early because I have been trying to capitalize on healthy hours of sleeping before my Friday-Monday work week begins (in which I work two late night shifts and two overnight shifts, with some classes in there)

Within minutes I fell asleep, assuming I would be asleep until 7:30. But sometimes my body has other ideas for me. Like waking me up with a bought of sleep apnea mixed in with some gerd . Its quite an annoying and painful process my body sometimes puts me through.

The best and most affective way I have found to help sooth my chest is to eat bread (to soak up the terribly acidy crap thats sitting in my chest and throat) followed my a cough drop to help numb my throat a bit and aid in my breathing normally again. And then I find myself awake for quite some time. I was told by a fellow person with gerd that if you get up and walk around the house it helps everything settle down. Really, it does help me immensely.

So now, I am awake at 1:40 in the morning, blogging about gerd. How lovely of you to read. Facebook is still incredibly boring.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter