Monday, September 21, 2009

What midnight feels like


I didn't sleep last night. I'm not entirely sure if my sleep deprivation was a conscious effort or not, it seems as though my nights become increasingly longer the closer I get to heading to Nevada. The closer I get to feeling more certain about myself, and the things I've come to know and realize within the last month since I've been here in Denver.

At about half past four this morning, after completing two movies, "Kids" and "Finding Forrester", neither of which I had seen before, I decided to catch a train and come in town, grab some breakfast and coffee.

Its a little surreal, that a town that totally thrives throughout all hours of the day, becomes something like a ghost town after all the bars close down and people go back to their respected places of dwelling. I experienced this once when I was living in Boston. I was awake early enough on a Sunday and walked into "town" to grab a cup of coffee. There wasn't a car on the road, or a person on the sidewalk. Even the park was so empty.

I sincerely enjoy things like this. It reminds me that even the restless need the calm.

I've been here a couple hours now and things are once again starting to pick up again. And I think I may sleep through the day.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter