Thursday, September 17, 2009

Most people just assume anyways




Yesterday was my first trip to Tom's Diner. I had asked several people if it was The Tom's Diner, based on the song, and most people could not actually answer this question because it goes in the category of you may be a lesbian if.... "you know that this may in fact be the Tom's Diner from Suzanne Vega's hit amongst folkys" but once I started singing the beginning of the song, which everyone knows, the response was overwhelmingly "I didn't realize that song had a name"
It was pointed out to me that Tom's diner, in the Suzanne Vega song might actually be based out of New York, however, for the purpose of self entertainment, I will consider it The Tom's Diner.

In any event, I am a sucker for diner meatloaf, and that happened to appear on the menu so I ordered it. For $9.28 this meal came with 3 very large pieces of meatloaf shingled atop of one another with mash potatoes on the side of that all smothered in gravy, a bowl that was well over a serving of veggies, I got peas that most likely came out of a can, two slices of garlic toast and a very generous size side salad. I could barely finish the meatloaf alone, in fact I'm having my left overs for lunch!

The one waiter, who was also the only one that appeared to be in the Diner, was very nice and served us promptly. I couldn't have been happier with my Tom's Diner experience.

So I was out and about last night to the cafe I spend alot of my spare time at LeeLas, which I had mentioned in a previous post. I decided to just hop the train and go a little later than usual out of pure boredom. At about midnight I decided to head home.

On my way to the train, roughly three blocks away, a very tall, large man, looks at me and says "Hey baby" and I kept on walking, because quite frankly it was midnight and a man twice my size just hit on me. The man then steps and front of me and stares me down and does that head nod thing and says "hey" and waits for my response, so I said back "Can I help you?"
"You gay?" he says
In kind of a rush to get away from this man my response was something like "Not really"
"Wanna give me a blow job?"
"Not tonight" and I walked away.
Luckily this happened on the 16th street mall and there are always cops and security officers and plenty of drunk people, other wise I think I may have been this mans dinner. Really I don't think I am meant for the live of sex work.

So I got to the train and had just missed the one I needed to grab, plus there were security officers on the one waiting and I dind't have a valid ticket so I had to wait for the next one...
I was then approached by a man who needed money, and while normally I don't give my money away, this man was seemingly in perril, on the phone with who I was assuming his girlfriend, so I gave him $5, feeling generous.
He then hands me 15 hits of LSD and says he would sell them to me for $1 each if I could give him $15 more, so his girlfriend could get in town.
The man would not leave me alone, so not only did I not buy his acid but I figured to get this guy who was not going to let up to leave me alone I gave him $5 more and said that was all I had.
He seriously did not let up the whole time and it took me 15 minutes to get him to go away.

Thats when a very nice lady, who happens to live a block away from me stood with me and we shot the shit to get this guy to go away.

Ahh my night in Denver.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter