Friday, May 8, 2009

Also



Maine has now legalized Same sex marriage. This is great news! I haven't been on the Marriage boat the whole time, however after seeing hundreds of people testify about how it being legalized would affect them I had a bit of a change of heart.

I do though, still strongly stick to my beliefs of giving other GLBT issues just as much attention and platform but I also understand that this is a now issue and needs to be addressed now.

We do have a ways to go still because until the next 90 days are up, we have to worry about the opposition coming up with a peoples veto, which they officially filed yesterday. They now have to come up with 40,000 signitures to introduce it on the November ballad.

So its a hold your breath time.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter